Home Insurance

Standard types of homeowners Insurance Coverage

Dwelling coverage


Dwelling coverage, also known as home structure coverage, helps protect the physical structure of your home, like the walls and roof. It can also cover a structure that's attached to your home, like an attached garage.

Typical homeowners insurance policies don't cover damage to your structure from things like flooding or earthquakes. However, they do help cover a wide variety of other losses, including:

  • Fire and smoke
  • Lightning
  • Wind
  • Hail
  • Theft
  • Vandalism

Liability Protection


This type of coverage helps protect you if you or a family member are sued for accidental injury or property damage. For example, if someone is injured in your home and you’re found legally responsible, liability insurance can help cover costly legal defense fees, settlement fees and more.

How much coverage do you need?

If you were sued for injury or for damaging someone else's property, your personal assets would most likely be at risk. When considering your policy limit, think how much coverage it would take to help keep you from paying out of pocket.

Personal Home Coverage


Personal home coverage helps cover the cost of replacing belongings in your home, like furniture and electronics. This type of coverage is included in your Allstate home insurance policy and can help you in one of two ways:

  • Actual cash valueCovers the cost of replacing your belongings, considering the amount they've decreased in value over time
  • Replacement cost coverageCovers the cost of purchasing new belongings of the same kind and quality at the time of the claim
Scheduled personal property coverage

This is an optional coverage you can add to your homeowners policy to cover high-value items, like jewelry. Although personal property protection helps cover many of your belongings, most insurance companies set limits on certain items. If you were to reach that limit, scheduled personal property coverage helps make sure you have enough protection.

Guest Medical Protection Dwelling coverage


This type of insurance helps cover medical expenses if one of your guests is accidentally injured on or around your property. Your policy can help you pay for things like:

  • X-rays
  • Surgical procedures
  • Dental work
  • Ambulance rides
  • Hospital stays

Flood Insurance Dwelling coverage


Flood insurance helps cover physical damage to your home and belongings from floods or related losses from rising water. You can purchase a government-run National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) through Legacy Financial & Insurance Group.

Why do I need flood insurance?

When you purchase an NFIP flood policy through an Allstate agent, you're helping to protect yourself from the financial burden flooding can cause. In fact, just one inch of water in a home can cost more than $25,000 in damage. Instead of paying out of pocket or taking out loans to cover your expenses, flood insurance can help make the recovery process quicker, easier and less costly.

Vector illustration in flat style

Get a quote!